Your personal range thread

Do you have your own range? Would you like to build one? Let’s hear about it. I’m sure we all would like to see everyone’s personal range and or get advice for those who are out in the country.

For me I’ll use this thread as both an exploratory and show off topic once we get out to the country once the house is sold. Shouldn’t be more than a month or three.

—————

In the mean time. Here is the approximate location of the modest range. The berm will be in front of those thick trees on the right in the image below. Then down the fence line on the left just off the driveway I plan on putting a slightly elevated shooting station/platform and eventually a tower further back to hopefully get 100yds. There are no houses or buildings within a mile or two in that and surrounding direction (north/northwest) and zero traffic on this road. I hope to be able to setup a 7yd, 10yd and 15yd for pistols and a 25yd & 50yd for long distance. Safety is paramount so I’ll be mulling over my designs.

edit
Hard to tell but those trees are about 1.5~1.75 acre away from the camera position.

11 Likes

I have a clear path of 100 yards behind the house I use for practice and sighting. Very handy.

10 Likes

As soon as we get the John Deere dozer/backhoe fully operational, I’m cutting a road through the hunting property & making a 200 yard range. Hopefully starting late spring.

8 Likes

I had a range and the logged all the trees and really screwed up the road getting back to it. so have none now.

7 Likes

9 Likes

I have a berm 6 feet high about 20 yds long. Can get 50 yards shooting into that. Another pile of logs/downed trees that gives me 95 yards. Shooting a different direction I can shoot 340 yards when we don’t have corn planted. I have steel on the 95 yard and in front of the berm.
Will post pics sometime soon.

7 Likes

10 Likes

This is the range @LonewolfMcQuade and I use. We place our steel targets at any distance and let the lead fly.

10 Likes

10 Likes

Looks pretty awesome @Stumpkiller

Post it up once done!!

Looking forward to it.

Jealously. I would love to have a go.

8 Likes

This is just behind my hjouse I have steel at 40 and 100 yards.

10 Likes

So I went to the property today for two reasons. One to meet the internet service provider (who didn’t show :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:) and to walk the empty space to determine the best spots for the workshop and range. So I’ve got a great spot for the range picked out and after measuring I have almost exactly 150 feet (50yds). It’ll be far enough away from the house and pointing in a safe direction. Not quite as far as I thought but still a pretty good distance. I could easily move down another 150 feet to make a 100yd lane.

4 Likes

I wore this washing machine lid out and cut down some small gum trees to boot.

7 Likes

I kill old chainsaws on the range too.

6 Likes

Dang you tore it to pieces

5 Likes

6 Likes

Brute :rage:

5 Likes

What the hell is that fan thing sticking out of the magwell?

6 Likes

Barrel chiller

6 Likes

7 Likes