YouTube and Full30 Videos

This is not intended as a criticism to the video producers on Full30.
Something I have noticed is that when folks were being de-monetized or kicked from YouTube they fled to Full30 as a refuge to post their vids.
But now that YouTube has backed off a bit I see YouTube seems to get the videos first and Full30 a few days later or not at all.
YouTube and Patrion both provide monies and I understand that you as a producer want to make money.
Who doesn’t?
But it seems to me that there should be some kind of loyalty to Full30 and its users who not only follow you but also campaigned for you as well.
All of the video producers here are great people and deserve our support.
But don’t forget us now that the tide has turned the other way.
And post some in the Forums as well.
You producers are the Celebrities here and we normal users hang on virtually every word.

Forgive me if I appear a little butt hurt over this.
But frankly I feel some of you (Not all by any means) have turned your back on us.

9 Likes

I am not a big shot producer, but I am one of the people that has posted a couple more videos on YouTube rather than on Full30.

As a matter of fact I currently cannot post to Full30 from the most convenient location for me. So, I tried, my upload hangs, and I never get to edit or do anything with the video. I have hit up @Robert about the issue with both the e-mail links not working corectly, and the videos now showing correctly for me at my location.

Here is what I see on Full30 main page:

Here is what I see when I click on the first video (video doesn’t play):

Here is what I see when I go to manage my videos:

The 2 videos I uploaded in 2019 show up as busted for me at the location where I spend most of my time. The break definitely happened over New Year’s… So at this point I am waiting for Full30 to resolve the issue before I start uploading here again.

Just letting you know that I have no optimism about YouTube and that I personally have no intenitons of abandoning Full30. It just doesn’t work since early 2019.

And just to make it a bit more clear, at home all of this works (except e-mail notifications) but I am usually too wiped out of busy when I am at home. A network with more security settings (like certificate checking etc) is for some reason blocking some of the Full30 content (certificates) and is not blocking YouTube at all.

10 Likes

This is why I think Full30 uploads have dwindled. The Full30 beta has been very choppy and buggy. Uploads didn’t work for most everyone for a period of time and there’s still various issues with the site.

New video email notifications still don’t show video thumbnails which definitely reduces the click through rate of these notification emails and fixing that is an incredibly simple thing.

Creators will come back when these issues get addressed and things become smoother once again.

10 Likes

Well YouTube is a lot easier platform. Just make an account and you are off and running.

7 Likes

I don’t have any issue with viewing videos.
I use Firefox as my browser and that may be something to do with it.
Microshaft Exploder has done a lot of changes in the past year and screwed it up IMO.
Even my work has issues with it using software that in the past ran fine.
Unbelievable how many work arounds we must do daily just to use our programs. (Government no less)
Edge is flat out Crap.
Chrome is not user friendly and lacks features that make it convenient.
I see some producers post regularly but some you never see in the forums.
How about a little more community involvement too?
There are some great folks here that are truly passionate about firearms and 2A.
We have a few strange ones too. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
Respect them all and like to rib a few myself too.

8 Likes

We all have to remember that the video and forum are two different entities and that is one main reason you hardly ever see the majority of the content creators here.

5 Likes

NO EXCUSE!!!

Seriously though I would like to see some of the content creators views on subjects.
Especially on the Firearm related questions.
Mosin Posts often and Tac Reviews as well.
Liberty Doll also drops by now and then.
There may be more using alter egos. I dunno.
We need some assistance keeping LoneWolf in line too…
(probably me as well)
This Forum Rocks and who knows we may give them some ideas for more vids.

9 Likes

simple solution
post in the comments inviting them and all other viewers to step across the threshold

6 Likes

DONE

5 Likes

yeah, i wanna echo the troubles i sometimes have as well with uploading videos, and not just to full30. alternative places like gunstreamer or guntube offer an import feature. this saves time to upload to those places because it is just one upload to youtube and the it imports across, eliminating multiple uploads from my slow internet. i also tend to stagger the upload and sharing of content across the many platforms i am on. some get it first this time, some get it first next. keep in mind, some of us release to podcast form, etc, in fact, i publish across at least 30 different mediums not including shares to social media. so glitches, my slow internet and all kinds of other things can gum up the works sometimes. now all this said, i do very well upload some things that are for supporters via patreon only… at least for a time. that is simply a perk for their support, they get content as soon as it is produced and ready for upload and said content stays private everywhere else until it is time to release it publicly according to the schedule.

8 Likes

it is sad when creators do not engage with the audiences… and if we are being honest, vice versa. some of the big dogs may be just too overwhelmed but smaller channels usually enjoy the conversation. a good place for those conversations though is sadly not this forum, it is the comments of the videos. drama also turns off a lot of people, creators or not, so drama ridden conversations and posts tend to lead to people tuning out and just not wanting to deal with that particular space. it is for this reason my contact information is out there and i welcome and actual real world conversation, particularly with complex or high drama topics… no need in feeding the hateful trolls and such, no matter the medium or forum.

9 Likes

For Sure For Sure.
Pick and choose where you want to engage.
Or just say Hey there.
I try to avoid some of the drama as well, or inject my brand of humor.
Not so well sometimes.
But I try.
I don’t FB or Twit or those type medias because of the nonsense in them.
But this is good forum and pretty much adult conversations take place.
That is why I almost exclusively use this as my firearm forum.
And when questions are asked there seems to be more intelligent responses as opposed to trolls and people wanting to stir stuff up.
I also value the opinions of the folks here.
They are honest and straight forward tell it like they see it types.
I would venture to say it is the most ADULT forum I have been on.

8 Likes

After screwtube deleted my channel of 8400 subscribers, I came here. At this point I don’t use YT, and have no plans to return. I’ve gone so far as I don’t even share their links to videos when I can avoid it. I upload videos here only.

10 Likes

Personally, I upload to YouTube first as it’s my bigger audience. I try to upload to Full30 right after, as in minutes after, but 9 times out of 10 I’m rushing putting the video up before work and then forget my thumb drive at home. :joy: This last time I rushed it out before leaving on vacation and then realized a couple days later that I hadn’t posted it everywhere. Obviously my time management skills are awesome

13 Likes

@Mosinvirus I’m sorry I thought you had figured out you had a network/firewall problem?

I just got a report back from an earlier inquiry for video ads to be corrected and that it should be done by tonight

within that same report I got other positive news about the current state of things and they’re being worked on,

IMO with what I’ve been told it sounds like the BETA was just a patch and new software is forthcoming

I know theres a variety of problems and they are not necessarily all shared, @brianpurkiss the email image has been my top frequent reminder, they know about it that I promise

Hang in there @everyone

5 Likes

are you not on GunStreamer? i would at least recommend that as well, as a creator, the more platforms the better

5 Likes

@LibertyDoll is a slacker! ::slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Tactical_Reviews Austin @ GS is certainly worthwhile to check out, we need to look out for each other and another platform is not a bad idea to consider

5 Likes

yep, austin, paul and ashley are all great folks. for me as a creator it isn’t about one platform being the end all be all… that is more a viewer thing. for me it is being in as many places as possible to get my message and influence out to as many as possible to increase the conversation and discussion. the big platforms are what they are but i still use them as it is contradictory to my mission not to, that said, there is a lot of gorilla tactics and a lot of education required on how they work in order to optimize the experience in those places.

6 Likes

I set up a channel on GS, but never really did much with it. I was happy here and want to help build this site up. Since last year I have expanded my options to include my own blog site, as well as writing articles for Springfield armory. Waiting on two articles to be published now.

9 Likes