Youtube reloading videos. Not in danger?

Ok I have been working on a handloading set of videos for months. I see youtube states “no videos showing manufacturing of guns or ammunition”. The type of handloading many of us do is not manufacturing as we do not sell them or have staff. A quick youtube search shows “hiw its made” showing both the manufacturing process for guns and ammunition!

I have yet to see a channel acturally banned specifically for safe handloading demonstrations. My plan it to place a disclaimer saying I do not sell or intel to distribute, therefore manufacture, live ammo. What do you guys think? All I see is a lot of panic but no evidence of them enforcing this on how to videos from individuals handloading for themselves.

Good point, or wishful thinking?

“Manufacturing is the production of merchandise for use or sale using labour and machines, tools, chemical and biological processing, or formulation. The term may refer to a range of human activity, from handicraft to high tech, but is most commonly applied to industrial production, in which raw materials are transformed into finished goods on a large scale. Such finished goods may be sold to other manufacturers for the production of other, more complex products, such as aircraft, household appliances, furniture, sports equipment or automobiles, or sold to wholesalers, who in turn sell them to retailers, who then sell them to end users and consumers.”

6 Likes

I’m not a content creator so it doesn’t affect me as much as they. But IMO the migration away from YT is motivated by their public stance on the gun issues. I dumped FB for essentially the same reason. Now clearly Full30 is not yet up to speed but most gun related things I see now are on UGEtube. But I also understand that YT is an important income stream for these guys as well.
Just my $0.02.

3 Likes

I was going to check UGEtube out as well. But ill still stay here. I Dont have many youtube followers, but I will keep posting there until I get the ban hammer or It can re direct people to uge or full 30.

2 Likes

The problem is YT will change the rules any time they wish, and then punish you for something that was OK when you uploaded it. I don’t trust them at all, but still keep my podcast videos there.

Other videos go to UGEtube, never hand any problems there. I wish Full30 would catch up.

2 Likes

I just joined UGE tube. I like it so far. Will try to upload what I have on face book to there.

2 Likes