Zastava M83 Revolver Disassembly

How about these old pins, would you file them down at the side surfaces of the thicker portions to allow better fitment for the time being, what could I do to file down an even ring pattern?

1 Like

I would not do anything to the pins at first.
I would first dress down the raised/deformed areas on the frame and side plate.

Then, if pins are a problem, and if no lathe is available, I would chuck them up into a drill and use a needle file or stone as needed to make changes.

Just remember if you take material off, it will be harder to put it back on.

2 Likes

You are a genius sir :slight_smile: I picked up my Mag drill with the tightest (no play) chuck.
Google Photos

I also had to grab my trusty magnifying lens:
Google Photos

And here are some up close shots of the pin, it appears it has been chewed by the raised frame areas:
Google Photos

Prior to taking this close look at the trigger pin I did remove the raised areas on the side plate.

Here is an after shot after a careful cleanup, you can still see the taper at the base of the large section, but at least the lip is gone:
Google Photos
I attempted to clean up the taper just a bit, apparently that wasn’t enough.

Ok so now after having done this I was still skeptical of having fixed the raised plate problem I was having in the first place, after assembly here is what the plate looked like against the frame:
Google Photos

And here is a shot with the trigger pin removed:
Google Photos

I can see that the pin is not sitting flush against the cover plate due to the taper at the base of the large pin diameter, I think I may resume this practice tomorrow.
Google Photos
I estimate the gap to be around 0.013" all due to the taper, still work to be done.

2 Likes

Chamfering the hole in the side plate would seat the pin deeper. But make sure to verify all dimensions first.

1 Like

I just fixed the previous post. Didnt realize that autocorrect changed Chamfering to Chattering.

2 Likes

I knew what you meant :slight_smile:
I don think I want to cut into the frame just yet, I’ll play around with the pin first and preserve the frame for the new pins later on.
I was really surprised that the drill worked, its no HAAS but still its able to hold it pretty darn centered.

2 Likes